Wednesday 2 May 2018

Review: Samantha

Samantha Samantha by Charlotte Penn Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Samantha is the fifth and final book in Charlotte Penn Clark’s The Carmichaels series, and it was a fun conclusion to the series. I’d been looking forward to Sam’s story from quite early in the series, so I was happy to receive it, and I also appreciated how we continued to follow the rest of the sisters – with this final book giving us one final insight into them all.

Since the first book in the series, I have said it works best if you read the books one after the other. These books are part romance, part family saga – with the latter being the stronger part. Following the sisters, working through each of the books in turn, gives you so much more than simply jumping into each individual story. With many references and scenes throughout being related to the other sisters, not just our leading lady for this book, a deeper understanding of the overall story is certainly beneficial.

Like the prior books in the series, Samantha was an enjoyable quick read. There were plenty of things throughout to keep your attention, little things relating back to what happened in the prior books and some new things. I do feel as though some things weren’t quite as closed as they could have been, but mostly I enjoyed seeing how everything ended for the characters. As I’ve said since the start of the series, however, I still felt as though we were lacking in depth – I’m a real fan of forbidden romances, such as the one that took place in this story, yet I never felt the deep emotional connections I have been hoping to.

Overall, if you enjoyed the prior books in the series I would certainly recommend giving Samantha a read to see how everything finishes up in the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment