Tuesday 1 May 2018

Review: Marie

Marie Marie by Charlotte Penn Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Marie is the fourth book in The Carmichaels series by Charlotte Penn Clark, and it’s another fun addition to the series that adds a lot to the overall story. I’ve said since the start of this series that you get the best experience through reading these books in order as a collection, and the deeper into the series you get the more evident this statement becomes. By book four, although we are still getting individual stories, a lot of the events relate back to what has happened in the prior books.

The third book, Valerie, was my favourite in the series thus far, and when I finished I was more than happy to dive into Marie. With Valerie it seemed the series had slipped closer to family saga than romance, and I adored this. Nevertheless, my weakness for sports romances had me curious about the romance aspect of book four. With Marie, we slip back to the ratio of Corinne and Daisy – that is, the book is both romance and family saga but it focuses more on the former.

As with the former books, this was an enjoyable quick read. There is plenty of drama throughout this one, lots occurs with the family, and there are many things to keep your attention throughout. In my opinion, things were much calmer in this one than in the prior books, but the sprinkling of drama was enough to keep you engaged. As with the prior books, however, I still feel as though the events did not have the depth I would have liked to see. Things were fun, but they were over and done with so quickly that I feel as though the emotional impact was not all it could have been.

I am, however, rather excited to dive into the final book. I’m really excited to see how the final romance story plays out, and to get a final insight into the lives of the sisters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment