Wednesday 9 May 2018

Review: The Earl's Forsaken Bride

The Earl's Forsaken Bride The Earl's Forsaken Bride by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Earl’s Forsaken Bride is the fifth book in Tammy Andresen’s A Laird to Love series, and it’s another fun read. If I’m completely honest, it’s my least favourite Tammy Andresen story – but this does not mean it is a bad story. It’s still fun, it’s just not my favourite.

Last year I worked my way through Tammy Andresen’s Taming the Heart series. I enjoyed each of the stories, finding myself wanting more after each one. When the chance came about to start Tammy Andresen’s new series, A Laird To Love, I found myself more than willing to dive in. While I expected a wonderful series, what I did not expect was to fall more in love with the A Laird To Love series than I did the Taming the Heart series – yet here we are, at a point where I’ve laded the A Laird To Love series my favourite Tammy Andresen series to date.

I started this series with the short story, Christmastime With My Captain. Christmastime With My Captain provided an extremely short story that introduced me to the A Laird To Love series, and desperately left me wanting more. It was short, but it provided all I love about a Tammy Andresen novel. Whilst I really enjoyed Christmastime With My Captain, it is merely a blip on the radar considering how much I’ve enjoyed My Enemy, My Earl, Heart of a Highlander, A Scot’s Surrender, and My Laird’s Seduction. The Earl’s Forsaken Bride wasn’t quite on par with the other books, but it did at even more to the series.

Each book in the A Laird To Love series has brought us something new, something different, and The Earl’s Forsaken Bride is no different. In fact, this one probably stands out the most to me as it is so different to the Tammy Andresen norm – in fact, it’s quite different to many books I have read in this genre. Tammy Andresen always offers quick and easy reads, and this one is no different. What is different is the level of action and drama. This storyline requires a lot less of these elements, providing us with something unexpected.

As I’ve said, I did enjoy this one. However, I do feel as though it was over with far too quickly. I wanted to be sucked deeper into the emotions of this story, I wanted to experience more of their world, as the events in this one focus more on the emotional than the adrenaline pumping. What did occur was enjoyable, it simply wasn’t quite to the depth I would have liked. In many ways, this was more of a three-point-five-star rating, rather than the three-star rating I gave it, yet I decided to round down as I would have liked to have spent longer with the characters.

For those who have enjoyed the prior books in this series, I would certainly recommend giving this one a read. It gives us another enjoyable story, allowing us to follow another of the characters we have come to know, and just give us that little bit more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment