Saturday 10 February 2018

Review: The Sweetest Package

The Sweetest Package The Sweetest Package by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Upon finishing The Holiday Package, I jumped straight into The Sweetest Package. I needed more of Jake Davis and his world, I needed to know how everything came together. If you have yet to read The Holiday Package, go back and do so now – this is a duology that needs to be read in order, it is not a case of you can read just one book and ignore the other.

While I did enjoy The Holiday Package, I certainly enjoyed The Sweetest Package a lot more. The three books I have read in Leigh Lennon’s collection of interconnected standalone novels – Unfiltered, Unacquainted, and Unwanted – all hit an emotional punch, whereas The Holiday Packaged focused more on the steam. With The Sweetest Package, we’re given the middle ground. We have heavier emotions in this second book, although they will not destroy you to the same level as Leigh Lennon’s other work; we still have some steam in this book, but it is not as steamy as The Holiday Package. All in all, it is a wonderful blend of Leigh Lennon’s capabilities.

I’ll be completely honest, I went into this one having already worked out what kinds of secrets our characters would be hiding from each other. I was not at all surprised when things came out early in the book, paving the way for where this story would go. However, guessing certain elements is not the same as having figured out the entire book. In fact, working out certain elements only made me crave further details more.

I won’t say too much, as I do not wish to spoil things for people, but know this second half of the Jake Davis storyline is wonderful. A lot happens throughout this one, and you’ll be gripped from the start until the end. There is so much growth for so many of the characters, so many things comes to light, and you’ll want even more of their story. It is such a wonderful novella, one you really need to read if you enjoyed the first half of Jake’s story.

There is no doubt I will continue to pick up Leigh Lennon’s books in the future. She has worked her way into my world, and I’ll be following her characters wherever they go. In particular, I cannot wait to read Unknown. I was excited for it when I finished Unwanted, but my excitement has only grown after reading the Jake Davis duology. I need more of this wonderful work Leigh Lennon has created, and I need it now.

If you have yet to pick up a Leigh Lennon book, you’re missing out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment