Saturday 3 February 2018

Review: Outlaw Ride

Outlaw Ride Outlaw Ride by Sarah Hawthorne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having read and enjoyed Sarah Hawthorne’s Rebel Custody, I was excited for more of the Demon Horde series. I intended to go back and read Enforcer’s Price, the first book, but I found myself sucked into Outlaw Ride, book three, before such happened. Having read an enjoyed Outlaw Ride, though, I did go and jump straight into Enforcer’s Price.

Between finishing Outlaw Ride and writing up my review, I have made it so I’ve read all three books in the Demon Horde series thus far. All three books are a lot of fun, but I think Outlaw Ride is my least favourite thus far. That is not to say it is a bad book – it is still a solid four-star rating – but the feel of this one was rather different when compared to the two prior books.

Both Enforcer’s Price and Rebel Custody focused quite heavily upon the motorcycle club element of the story, sucking us deep into the gritty world. Outlaw Ride focuses less upon the motorcycle club aspect. It is still there, still a part of the story, but it was not as heavy as it was in the prior books. I think this is why I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed the two prior books – it may be a wonderful contemporary romance novel, but I had been wanting something with a bit more of the down and dirty element apparent in the prior books in the series.

Looking at this book alone, without comparing it to the other two books in the series, though, it is a wonderful read. It works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, so do not feel as though you need to read the other books to enjoy this one. Each book is a standalone romance novel, although you will get to see the characters popping up throughout each of the books.

In this one, we have a wonderful relationship. Both characters have their own problems to overcome, yet the chemistry is simmering between them throughout. There was drama, there was action, and there were steamy moments. The way the relationship developed between the two characters was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the side characters as well.

Although this isn’t my number one read in the series, it was another fun addition to a series I’m really enjoying.

I cannot wait for my next Sarah Hawthorne read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment