Sunday 24 December 2017

Review: Stolen

Stolen Stolen by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Stolen is the second book in Melissa de la Cruz’s Heart of Dread series. I didn’t particularly care for the first book, but as I’d brought the trilogy I decided to continue reading. After all, they are extremely quick reads that can be completed in a single sitting.

If the truth is to be known, I cannot decide if I liked this one more or less than the prior book. Certain elements seemed to have been improved, but other elements seemed to have disintegrated more. As with the prior book, I would possibly give a two-point-five-star rating, but it is not at the point where I would be rounding up. In other words, as with the first book, I wasn’t crazy about this one.

New elements were introduced in this book, and I did enjoy some of the new elements added. It added a little bit more to the story, and I hoped these would carry the story through. However, as with the prior book, we never really went in depth into anything – again, things were glossed over. Moreover, many of the new elements lead to rather predictable outcomes.

Overall, I wasn’t blown away by book two either.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment