Thursday 28 December 2017

Review: Moon Bound

Moon Bound Moon Bound by Donna Grant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Donna Grant is one of those authors I constantly tell myself to pick up. I often see her books when looking for something new to pick up, be it through a Goodreads recommendation or through the Amazon ‘books you might like’ feature. Thus, when the chance to read Moon Bound came about, I jumped in.

Although this is the fourth book in the LaRue series, it is my first Donna Grant book. While the story did stand by itself quite well, I would recommend reading this series in order. You see, this isn’t quite a full four-star rating. It was extremely close, but the gaps in my knowledge meant I did not appreciate all the elements put forth in this book. Due to this, I rounded up. I also plan to go back and read the prior books – not only to fill in my knowledge gaps, but also because I am interested in reading this series in its entirety.

Despite being an extremely short read, a lot happens in this one. We have a sweet yet steamy romance – one that is a bit of an instalove story, but fun nonetheless. We have some action – some big scenes play out, although I do feel as though the action was rather quick for all that came together. We have plenty of drama – between the characters and relating to specific events. The way things came together was a lot of fun, making for an enjoyable quick read.

Without a doubt, I’ll be reading more of this author. I’ve already gone and downloaded the first book in the LaRue series, and plan to dive into it soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment