Tuesday 7 November 2017

Review: Vengeance 101

Vengeance 101 Vengeance 101 by Louisa Lo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Vengeance 101 is a short story in the Vengeance Demon world, offering a great little introduction to anyone interested in finding out more about the series. For those who are fans of the series, this is a great look back into the past – before Vengeance Be Mine – that shows us the hurdles our character faced in the early days of her vengeance life; for those who are new to the series, this book gives you enough to ensure you get a taste for the series whilst leaving you open for more.

I’ll be completely honest by saying this one wasn’t my favourite of the short stories in the Vengeance Demon world, but it really was a nice look at the earlier days in the story. We knew about the issues Megan faced, and it was nice to finally get a look at how it was for her before all of the drama started to truly unfold.

In all honesty, it’s left me wanting little short stories for many of the characters, as I would love little snapshots like this for many of my favourites. It’s so nice to get to see more of them, especially in a situation that is not quite as dire as that in the main story. Oh, there is enough in this short story to ensure your attention is grabbed, but it is rather tame when compared to the rest of the series. As I said, it makes for a great introduction.

Now, I go back to my impatient waiting for the next book – because, damn, I’m excited for this series and Vengeance 101 simply worked to remind me of why I’m so addicted.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment