Thursday 16 November 2017

Review: The Draqon's Queen

The Draqon's Queen The Draqon's Queen by Pearl Foxx
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first three books in the Shifters of Kladuu series introduced us to the Vilka. I adored the wolf shifters, and as we moved deeper into the story we slowly found out more about the world. In book three, The Vilka’s Captive, we got a much deeper insight into one particular group – the Draqon. I’m a huge dragon lover, and I was excited to see the dragon shifter side of the story. Having finished The Draqon’s Queen, I have a feeling I’m going to enjoy the Draqon stories more than the Vilka stories.

To really enjoy this book, you need to read the series in order. Things have slowly been building throughout the series, and in book three a lot of new information came to light. A big twist was added to the series. I went in to The Draqon’s Queen expecting to dive straight into the drama added by the prior book, but this book didn’t do quite what I had imagined. This book is a fabulous introduction to the Draqon society, feeling like the first in a series. It was wonderful, giving us an insight into the society and the new characters. I like that we had a bit of a break from the drama that unfolded in the prior book, as it allows us to find out more about the new leads, and there was a bit of action in this one that promises even bigger things for book five.

As with the prior books, we also had a wonderful romance story. At the start of this series, I was excited for a romance between Niva and Gerrit. Gerrit’s story, book two, destroyed that ship for me. I loved what we were given instead, yet I was hopeful for Niva. I never excited her story to play out this way – and yet her romance with Zayd was amazing. I positively adored the relationship between the two of them, and could not have asked for more for a character I came to enjoy in the prior books.

Without a doubt, this was a wonderful addition to the series. I really enjoyed getting to see another part of the Kladuu world and being introduced to new characters.

Also, that ending. Damn, what promise. I am seriously excited to see what comes next. It will be big, I can feel it. There will be a serious explosion, and I’m disappointed I cannot jump straight into it! The sooner I get my hands on book five, the better!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment