Wednesday 30 August 2017

Review: Keeping The Dead

Keeping The Dead Keeping The Dead by Tess Gerritsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Keeping the Dead is the seventh book in Tess Gerrtisen’s addictive Rizzoli and Isles series, and it was another addictive read.

In all honesty, I was rather disappointed by The Mephisto Club. It wasn’t quite what I had been hoping for, and I feared the series was starting to dip. Fortunately, Keeping the Dead (or The Keepsake as it is called in other countries) returns the series to what we know and love. It may not be my number one read in the series, but it was certainly a wonderful addition to the overall storyline.

Keeping the Dead gives us something we all love: Egyptians. As someone who enjoys history and archaeology, this book gave us a lot of fun stuff to deal with. I can imagine for some people such will not be the case, but I really enjoyed the elements of this tale related to history. It made for a grizzly yet interesting tale – exactly what you want from crime fiction.

As with the prior book, however, I did find myself rather disinterested in some of the elements of personal life. My disinterest wasn’t to the degree it was in the prior book, but there were times where I wanted us to get back to the good stuff. I liked how some elements from The Mephisto club made a reappearance, but at the same time I felt it was a bit forced in regards to adding more drama to one of the personal life elements. This is just me, though, and I’m hoping I’ll be interested in these elements again in the future.

Overall, though, this was a great addition to the series. Once again, I’m super excited to dive into the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment