Tuesday 29 August 2017

Review: Evil at Heart

Evil at Heart Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Evil at Heart is the third book in the Archie Sheridan and Gretchen Lowell series. Part of me feared this series would become strained and repetitive, but three books in I’m of the firm belief this series is going to continue growing stronger and will keep us on our toes.

Honestly, I was amazed by the tale in this one. The usual undertones are felt throughout this story – everything we have come to love about the Archie Sheridan and Gretchen Lowell dynamic in the first two books – yet the story has a slightly different feel to it. It was a refreshing addition to the series, a way of guaranteeing fans will continue to return.

I was hooked with this series already. Book one gave me the dark and twisted villain I had been hoping to receive. Book two gave me the damaged lead and twisted emotions I had hoped for in regards to our main character, the damage continuing to develop. Book three gave me both of those things, along with an addictive storyline that works perfectly fine as an individual tale whilst also adding a lot to the overall series.

I feel as though this book holds a number of secrets that will become more important in the later books. There were details I found truly interesting, and yet I cannot help but hope they will prove to be truly powerful elements in the later books.

Without a doubt, I think this is my favourite in the series thus far. There is such promise of where the future books will take us, and I cannot wait to dive into more of this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment