Tuesday 18 July 2017

Review: Biker B*tch

Biker B*tch Biker B*tch by Andie J. Christopher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Biker B*tch is one of those reads where I was unsure what rating to give the book. There were some four star moments throughout, but in the end I opted to round my rating down to three stars. Overall, it’s more of a three-point-five rating, but it wasn’t quite at the level where I round my ratings up. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good story – I’d simply been expecting something a little bit more.

The story itself was extremely addictive. Once you’re pulled into the story, you’re left curious as to how the details will play out. You know there will be drama, you expect a happily ever after, yet you’re not one hundred percent sure as to how the specific details will come together. Thus, you’re addicted. Despite this addiction, it does take a bit of time before you’re truly pulled into the story. The prologue grabs you, but then the first few chapters are rather slow. In fact, there’s quite a bit of time pass before the story reaches the intense level that creates addiction.

Once the story is moving, there are many entertaining scenes to be found. There are quite a few clichés, the things you see across many books in this genre, but they’re mixed in so well with the overall story, that they’re not as annoying as they could be. I admit that there were a few points where I rolled my eyes at the clichés added, but for the most part it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. These things were added to increase the drama, and such is what happened.

I admit that the ending felt a bit too quick for my liking. The element of the story we’d been working towards throughout the entire book seemed to be over almost as soon as it started. I simply would have liked a bit more, considering it was such a central element to the overall story.

Whilst I was addicted to the story, I wasn’t quite as pulled in as I would have liked to be by certain elements. However, the characters were enjoyable throughout. I enjoyed the chemistry between the main characters, I enjoyed the connections between all of the characters, and I enjoyed the side characters. Although I wasn’t as crazy about this book as I would have liked to be, it certainly left me interested in seeing what the next book brings. There’s such potential for the future stories of the other characters we were introduced to, and I cannot wait to see what comes next.

Overall, it was a promising start to the series. It wasn’t quite what I had hoped for, but it was enough to leave me curious about what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment