Friday 12 May 2017

Review: Rebel Custody

Rebel Custody Rebel Custody by Sarah Hawthorne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rebel Custody was my first Sarah Hawthorne read, and it’s certainly left me eager to read more of her work. Despite being the second book in Demon Horde series, this one works perfectly fine as a standalone read. It has now left me wanting to read the first book, if only I can find out all the details of characters I was introduced to in this one.

Rebel Custody offers all you can expect from a wonderful motorcycle club read. I’ll admit that I haven’t read as many as other fans, but I am trying to amend that. I love the dynamics of such reads, I always find myself pulled into the way of life. Despite having read fewer than some motorcycle club fans, I still know enough to say this delivers on all aspects. In fact, the way in which the motorcycle club aspect of the story is so wonderfully interwoven with the drama you often see in more general contemporary reads leaves me believing this is one of my favourite books I’ve read in the genre. It’s no surprise that I find myself so eager to read more books by the author.

Offering us the great dynamics of any motorcycle club, we’re introduced to a cast of hard as nail males. I fell in love with the club so quickly, and I cannot wait to read more about them. They’re tough and yet we get to see their softer sides as well. It’s exactly what you want in such reads: men who will do anything for them women, and yet their emotional side also packs a punch. It truly is a thing of beauty. The fact that there is so much drama mixed in with the story makes this one all the more powerful.

You see, it’s not merely a story of finding love. This one also kicks a powerful punch in regards to parenthood. I find such stories can often be a case of hit or miss – and with this one, it’s certainly a hit. There’s so much emotion to be found, and that’s the most important aspect of a story that includes children. The children need to be real characters, you need to fall in love with the children in the say way that you love the adults, and this one does that. I spent the entire book hoping for the best in regards to this element of the story.

As much as I loved the powerful punch of parenthood, it was the romance that left me reading this one in a single sitting. It was so addictive, I couldn’t pull myself away. There were a couple of cliché moments, but as a whole it was wonderful. There was such deep emotion to be experienced, and I found myself rooting for their love throughout. Honestly, it was a fabulous romance to read. You go through so many different emotional stages – from laughter to heartbreak – and I loved it.

A truly emotional read, one that has left me excited to read more from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment