Tuesday 30 May 2017

Review: Opposition

Opposition Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Opposition is the final book in the Lux series, and I’m sure many will really enjoy it. Although I found it to be a fun end to the series, I really had expected a little bit more from it. I came to enjoy the series more than I’d initially believed, and was really hoping for the series to end with a real bang.

Opposition reminded me of Opal in quite a few ways, in terms of my enjoyment. There was a lot of action, many things played out, and twists were thrown in. It had the high level of addiction that the rest of the series had, and I found myself constantly curious to see what happened next.

I’ll admit that it wasn’t all plot twists and shock moments. In fact, there were quite a few things I saw coming well in advance. Certain things were overly obvious, with most of these things causing me to roll my eyes. However, there were a number of great moments that I did enjoy. In all honesty, there were a decent number of moments that lived up to my expectations. It’s simply that they were split up by weaker predictable moments, moments that broke up all the action and tension we were experiencing.

Nevertheless, the book does bring things together well. We’ve been building towards an epic ending, and the book makes many attempts to deliver. Things from prior books come back to haunt us in this one, our views on characters will change, and we’ll be pulled all over the place before we reach the end. Although it wasn’t the best ending I have ever read, it does bring things together nicely. It was a decent enough end to the overall series.

However, I’m doubtful as to whether I will read more of the author’s work. Shadows, yes – because I actually am interested in the characters in the novella. The other short stories in this series, no – I feel as though I’m done with the characters, and as I’m not as obsessed as most readers are I feel as though I would do better to spend my time reading other books. If I find some more of the author’s work going cheap, I may buy it, yet she is nowhere near the top of my instant buy list.

Nonetheless, I’m glad I gave the series a read. It kept me entertained for about a week, and that was all I could have asked for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment