Monday 24 April 2017

Review: The Truth About Love Vol:II

The Truth About Love Vol:II The Truth About Love Vol:II by Anna Bloom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I came to enjoy the first The Truth About Love volume much more than I’d anticipated. My mixed feelings towards such short stories had left me unsure, yet the story left me more than eager to see what happened next. Thus, I was more than happy to jump into the second volume – I needed answers to so many questions, I needed to see where things went.

In all honesty, I wasn’t crazy about reading Cherry’s story. She was an interesting character, yes, but I was crazy to know how Eve’s story developed. Due to this, I went in with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. Fear not, however, as this story quickly won me over. Cherry is a very different character to Eve, and whilst the focus is mainly upon her life, we do see some progress in Eve’s life. In fact, two stories are a lot more linked than I’d been expecting them to be. I feared Cherry’s story would read as some kind of standalone novella, yet it ties in so well with the previous volume that by the time I was halfway through I was berating myself for my original silly thoughts.

As already stated, Cherry is a very different character to Eve, resulting in a very different kind of story. Despite how different the stories are, there are certain aspects that are consistent between the two. Both stories are filled with emotions; both stories deliver so much in a very short time period; both have great characters; both have wonderful romances (in fact, I think I came to favour Cherry’s tale in the end); both pulled me completely into the lives of the characters. Honestly, this story was a thing of beauty – I cannot believe I was unsure simply because it wasn’t following the character from the first story. It was so nice to read things from a different perspective; it was such a nice change of view.

If you’ve yet to read the first volume, I certainly suggest you go ahead and do so. This tale is promising to be something extremely sweet, and I cannot wait to see how everything comes together. Whilst the next volume promises more of Eve’s story, I’m hopeful we get another volume from Cherry’s perspective, as I’m excited to experience more from her perspective. Or maybe we can experience things from the point of view of the two amazing males? I think that would be pretty awesome, but I’m open to anything so long as I get to see what happens next.

Overall, a wonderful read. Without a doubt, it’s worth grabbing if you love sweet speedy romance reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment