Monday 24 April 2017

Review: The Truth About Love: Vol: I

The Truth About Love: Vol: I The Truth About Love: Vol: I by Anna Bloom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was somewhat tentative about reading The Truth About Love: Volume I. You see, I have this love hate relationship with novellas – I enjoy reading them, yet I hate waiting for an entire story to come to fruition due to it being told over multiple short tales. Nevertheless, I was willing to give this one a read. I was curious about it, as it sounded rather sweet. After finishing, I’m glad I decided to give the story a read.

Although an exceptionally short read, a lot happens in this one. This story has everything that is needed to make a story of any length great. My prejudice towards sequence stories leaves me fearful that the first book in a sequence will fail to deliver, yet such was not the case with this one. The Truth About Love gave me everything I could have hoped for and then some. I fell in love with characters; I was pulled into the storyline; I experienced a wide range of emotions; I was left wanting more. Honestly, it was a wonderful story.

If you’re a fan of short stories, if you enjoy romance, this is certainly one to read. It’s a rollercoaster of events – everything from sweetness to heart pounding ‘what happens next’. You should know in advance, however, that the ending is a bit (read: a lot) of a cliff-hanger – it leaves you waiting, wanting, more. I have so many questions of what happens next, and I cannot wait to see where things go from here. It’s the kind of story that leaves you wanting so much more – not because it failed to deliver, rather it delivered so much that you need to know what else is in store for the characters.

Without a doubt, this was a wonderful read. This one really works to show how I need to stop worrying when entering novellas – although not my favourite reading material, they can be just was wonderful as the tomes I favour.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment