Friday 31 March 2017

Review: Something Old

Something Old Something Old by Megan Ryder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Something Old is my second Megan Ryder novel. Whilst it’s a very different read to her Knights of Passion series, it is still a wonderful read. In fact, it left me with the same main feeling: I want to read more of this series.

For me, Something Old took a little bit of getting into. I was intrigued by the storyline, yes, but I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about the characters. I didn’t quite connect with them at first, I wanted to roll my eyes at what was happening, but once I got part way through the story I found I loved them. They’re the kinds of characters you grow to love, the ones you come to enjoy more than you expected to. It’s always wonderful when such a thing happens, watching as your feelings change towards people and events always makes a reading a lot more fun. Thus, if like me you’re not one hundred percent into the characters at first, I suggest you carry on reading as you’ll come to love them.

There really is so much to be seen throughout this book. There are so many elements to be seen. It’s more than just a simple second change romance, being a story filled with many additional aspects. Mainly, these aspects are in the form of drama. Who doesn’t love a good bit of drama? Honestly, the drama is wonderful. Family drama. Friend drama. Work drama. Media drama. The general drama of everyday life. It’s wonderful. There’s so much of it, and yet it’s done in such a way that it’s never overpowering. There’s always something going on, yes, and yet you’re able to look at the larger story at the same time.

It’s not just the drama of the couple you’re pulled into; you’re also pulled into the storylines of the other couples in this book. Without a doubt, I cannot wait to find out the stories behind the other characters in the Lone Star Match series. They all offer up something different, with each promising wonderful stories. I’m honestly so excited to see certain stories play out, and cannot wait to get my hands on them.

Overall, this was a wonderfully addictive read. Once it pulled me in I found it impossible to put down, needing to know how things ended. If you’re a fan of second chance romance, this is certainly a book to pick up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment