Friday 16 December 2016

Review: All Jazzed Up

All Jazzed Up All Jazzed Up by Tracy Ellen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Truthfully, I wasn’t entirely sure how I was going to feel about this book. At first I wasn’t really pulled in, but once the story gripped me I found myself unable to put it down.

It starts off with a bang, a scene that leaves us expecting a lot of mystery and suspense. A female gets a flat tire, followed by being attacked, before things can go too far the attacker is gone. It left me with questions. Who was the female? Who was the attacker? Who saved her? Why was she the victim? All of the questions that entered my mind in the prologue, however, were pretty much answered in the first chapter. It turns out we weren’t to have a book of tracking down who was to blame for the attack – we were going to have a book about revenge. Well, a plot line about revenge. I wasn’t entirely sure how I felt about this, as it didn’t really pull me in the way I had expected it to. In fact, even as this aspect of the story progressed I was never really pulled into it as much as I had hoped to be.

Fortunately, the other side of the story pulled me in. A faked marriage between friends, with hidden emotions that they’re unwilling to act upon at first. It’s a bit of a clichéd story; however, if done correctly such a storyline is a lot of fun. With this, it’s done right. Yes, it’s clear from the start where things are going. You know from the get-go how things will end, who feels what, and where the truth can be found. However, watching the interactions play out is wonderful. Even though you know how things are going to end, you’re pulled in and left questioning how everything will come together.

Truthfully, my favourite part of this book was the dialogue. There’s so much entertainment to be had. There are so many amusing characters to be found in this book, with there being many wonderful lines. I often found myself giggling unexpectedly because of what characters were saying. Honestly, some of the lines were truly wonderful. Without a doubt, it left me enjoying the characters so much. The voices, the amusing conversations, made the occasional dull moments that little less boring. Not that there were many of these moments – it simply wasn’t the non-stop action I had been anticipating.

Overall, though, I had fun with this one. It’s left me hopeful of what the next book will give us, and I cannot wait to read more of the amusing conversations.

As a final note, I’d like to thank the author for allowing me to advance read this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment