Saturday 29 October 2016

Review: Up for Forever

Up for Forever Up for Forever by Heather Young-Nichols
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Up for Forever is the second book in the Up for Grabs series, and whilst it was not my favourite it was still an enjoyable read.

Having read Up for Everything first, despite it being the third book, I had an idea of what to expect from the first two books. I knew how the stories would end, I knew some of the drama that would come to light, and yet I was unwilling to let such a thing stop me from enjoying the stories. With the first book, Up for Grabs, I found that I had wanted a little bit more drama. The story had promise and yet it didn’t quite make it all the way. With Up for Forever, I found there was more drama and yet the story didn’t feel quite as fun.

Our second story in the series is a lot of drama. We have breakups and makeups. As with the first book, it was a rollercoaster ride, with our emotions firing all over the place. Truthfully, I enjoyed the characters more than I thought I was going to. In the other two books, I wasn’t sure how I felt about Kendra. She was a vital part of the group, and yet there was something missing. This book works to amend that, making her into something more. Whilst it did help her to develop, and I did enjoy getting to know her more, I couldn’t help but feel as though she was a little bit of a cliché.

In fact, the whole book felt a little bit clichéd. It was enjoyable, yes, but it didn’t have the unique shock factor of the first book. It was your typical romance, just like the first book, but unlike the first book it didn’t have the little extra unique aspect that allowed it to become something more.

I cannot deny that I enjoyed the book. More than anything, I enjoyed getting to know Kendra. In fact, getting to see so much of her allowed me to really enjoy her character. She went from being the one I cared the least about to being one I really enjoyed. I just wanted something more from this one, hence why it isn’t quite a full four stars for me.

Overall, it was a great little read that adds a lot to the series, yet it wasn’t my favourite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment