Tuesday 26 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Cannot Believe I Have Yet To Read.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature that can be found at The Broke and The Bookish. This week is a freebie week – meaning I get to pick my own topic. I had a few ideas, but in the end I opted for one of the past top ten picks I missed out on. Therefore, my top ten this week is the books I cannot believe I have yet to read. They are all on my to-read list – but the fact they are sitting there worries me. I really need to hurry up and read these books.

1.     1984 by George Orwell.
2.     The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger.
3.     Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.
4.     Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
5.     A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.
6.     Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
7.     Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
8.     Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
9.     War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
10.  Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.


It’s a pretty scare list, actually, realising I have yet to pick these up. I really need to get to it.

8 comments:

  1. 1984 is one of my favorite books. Most of these books I haven't read as well. I've read maybe about 4 on this list. I hope to read more classics as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard many good things about it: I plan to get to it soon. I really do need to read more classics, aha.

      Delete
  2. I've read all but Clockwork Orange, but I'd have to say the only two I enjoyed were Oliver Twist and Pride & Prejudice. War & Peace and Brave New World were both really interesting and worth reading, but not...fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I shall keep that in mind when I start reading. Thank you! (:

      Delete
  3. Iʻve only read The Catcher In the Rye and Of Mice and Men, but both were two of my favorite High School English Class reads.

    The rest are on my TBR list...Iʻm not sure when (if ever) Iʻll get around to them as Iʻm not a big fan of classic reads, but Iʻd like to power through some of them one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed out on reading those at school as my class was assigned a different reading list, which was fun but also rather disappointing.
      I feel the same way as you, though. I'm not sure when I will get around to reading these but I hope to one day, aha.

      Delete
  4. I've only read three of these - Oliver Twist, Of Mice and Men, and Pride and Prejudice. I need to get reading. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone: quite a few people seem to be missing some of these on their read list.
      And what a great list - thanks for sharing! (:

      Delete