Tuesday 8 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Favourite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature found at The Broke and the Bookish. I skipped last week, due to being unable to find my top ten, yet this week I made sure I participated.

The topic for this week is my top ten new to me favourite authors I read for the first time in 2015. It is a hard one, but I managed it.

1.     Deborah Harkness.
2.     Mo Hayder.
3.     Angela Marsons.
4.     Caroline Kepnes.
5.     Mira Grant.
6.     Vaun Murphrey.
7.     Patrick Ness.
8.     Gregg Hurwitz.
9.     Julie Kagawa.
10.  Lee Child.

All are on it for different reasons, but all I enjoyed.

Deborah Harkness had been on my to-read list for a long time: I waited until her trilogy was complete before I allowed her to blow my mind. Mo Hayder had also been on my to-read list for a long time, and I wish I had picked up something sooner. Angela Marsons came out of nowhere and created a wonderful crime series I am now addicted to. Caroline Kepnes was a chance buy in the shop, which turned out to be a mind-blowing read. Mira Grant was also on my to-read list for a while (although, she had not been on it as long as the aforementioned), and she was very much worth the wait. Vaun Murphrey is another out of nowhere surprise read. Patrick Ness was one I was unsure about, only to enjoy more than I had expected. Gregg Hurwitz shocked me much more than expected, and I certainly need to read more of his work. Julie Kagawa is another to have sat on my to-read list for quite some time, only to prove I should have picked her up sooner. Lee Child is a guilty pleasure favourite – he does not blow my mind, but I enjoy them more than I believed I would.


Well, there you have it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment